Brendon Baker is the founder of Australian-based Valuable Change. Even as a young child Brendon wanted to work in business and entrepreneurship. He started his first business at the age of 8, going door-to-door washing cars.
In this episode, Charles learns more about how Brendon perfected his sales approach. The key? Reading, experimentation, and failure.
So what is Brendon’s change philosophy?
- Ask a lot of questions.
- Provide solutions based on individual client needs.
- Simplicity is best for moving from point A to point B.
- There are three ripples that bring about change:
- be really clear on why the change needs to happen,
- bring your team onboard by highlighting what success will look like, and
- gain momentum by making the public and other stakeholders excited about the change.
- Without a willingness to take action, change can never happen and projects can fail.
- The best way to sell is to first build relationships.